About the company:
The Cookie Jar DC is a local DC confectionery that makes ready-to-eat gourmet edible cookie dough—straight from the mixing bowl and safe to eat. Our mission is to make the dream come true of eating cookie dough right out of the jar (the way we prefer it, let’s be honest), one spoonful at a time. We deliver, ship nationwide, cater events, and wholesale to stores. We produce out of Union Kitchen in Ivy City and sell at our Adams Morgan Pop Up Shop.
About the position:
The Cookie Jar DC is looking for friendly, organized and enthusiastic individuals to join our team and staff our Pop Up Shop located at 2409 18th St NW in Adams Morgan. We are open every evening at 7pm, and shifts will be as follows:
- Sunday: 6:30-11:30pm
- Monday through Wednesday: 6:30-10:30pm
- Thursday: 6:30-11:30pm
- Friday and Saturday: 6:30pm-12:30am
This is a part-time position, and team members will be scheduled based on their availability.
- Arriving on time and setting up pop up space. **This includes loading 1-2 heavy coolers up six stairs with another person. Please make sure you are comfortable doing this before applying.**
- Working the cashier to ring up customers.
- Assembling orders for Pop Up Shop customers and delivery orders.
- Managing six on-demand delivery tablets (i.e. UberEATS, Postmates)
- Speaking about the company and answering questions about the product, company and menu in an articulate and confident way.
- Deconstructing the Pop Up Shop at the end of the night and cleaning the space.
- Maintaining a positive attitude and being friendly and welcoming to all customers.
You're a good fit for this position if you:
- Maintain a positive attitude and be welcoming to all customers
- Lift 1-2 heavy coolers up stairs (with another person)
- Multitask and stay organized
- Show up on time to all shifts and ensure the store opens and closes on time
- Learn a Point of Sale system
- Have previous experience working in retail on a cash register or with inventory preferred, but not required
How to apply:
Email email@example.com with your resume and a brief cover letter telling us why you want to be part of The Cookie Jar team!