About the company:
The Cookie Jar DC, founded in February 2016, is DC’s first and only edible cookie dough confectionery. We make cookie dough that is straight from the mixing bowl and safe to eat (the way we prefer it, let’s be honest). A dream come true! We deliver, ship nationwide, and cater events. We also sell our product at retail stores and at our permanent Pop Up in Adams Morgan. We produce out of Union Kitchen in Ivy City.
About the position:
The Cookie Jar DC is seeking a full time Operations Associate to run the company’s operations, including: sales accounts, customer orders, kitchen production, our Pop Up Shop, and more! This position will also manage some of the company’s human resources (i.e. hiring) and will gain experience with finance (i.e. invoicing) and marketing as well.
We are a fun, ambitious and quickly growing food startup, and you will gain access to all facets of business operations, be trusted with a large amount of autonomy and responsibility, and have the opportunity to greatly shape the direction of the business. If you love cookie dough and want to be a key part of growing a local business, this is the job for you!
This is a salaried position.
- Find opportunities to increase operations efficiencies across the company
- Maintain and grow wholesale accounts, including (but not limited to) finding new accounts, collecting orders from current accounts, setting production and delivery schedule, sending and tracking invoices, and organizing for delivery
- Manage and and ensure proper and timely fulfillment of all orders (wholesale, catering, shipping, pickup, delivery).
- Provide positive, timely and accurate communication with customers regarding orders, including (but not limited to) answering customer inquiries, providing custom catering proposals, accepting orders, and invoicing customers
- Determine and enforce weekly production schedule for production team to meet demands of all orders due (i.e. wholesale, retail, shipping, catering, event orders)
- Assist in the hiring process of Kitchen Production Assistants and Pop Up Associates
- Order, manage and organize all inventory of materials, ingredients, and products
- Manage Pop Up Shop operations and other retail spaces as they come up
- Perform all other operations responsibilities not specified here to make sure the company is running smoothly and growing!
You're a good fit if you are:
- Excited to take on a lot of responsibility and work hard
- Organized and have good time-management and email-management skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a lot to do
- Positive, patient and professional when dealing with buyers, customers, and delivery drivers
- Able to thrive when working independently
- Have a great attitude and are excited about being part of a small and growing company
- Capable of being persistent and assertive when necessary
How to apply:
Email email@example.com with your resume and a cover letter telling us why you want to be part of The Cookie Jar DC team!