About the company:
The Cookie Jar DC is a local DC confectionery that makes ready-to-eat gourmet edible cookie dough—straight from the mixing bowl and safe to eat. Our mission is to make the dream come true of eating cookie dough right out of the jar (the way we prefer it, let’s be honest), one spoonful at a time. We deliver, ship nationwide, and cater events. We also sell our product at retail stores, farmers markets and pop up shops throughout the DC area. We produce out of Union Kitchen in Ivy City.
About the position:
The Cookie Jar DC is seeking a Production & Operations Manager to manage all kitchen operations and supervise the Kitchen Production Assistant. We are a small and growing team, so this position will be trusted with a large amount of responsibility and will work alongside the CEO to try out new ideas that will greatly shape the direction of the business. The Production Manager will report directly to the CEO.
This is a part-time position that will be expected to work 20 hours per week (initially), with the potential for increased hours (up to full time) as the company grows.
- Set and manage weekly and daily production schedules for production team, including all wholesale, retail and catering orders
- Collect and coordinate wholesale orders from buyers
- Manage all customer orders, including those submitted via email and e-commerce platform
- Manage all scheduled and on-demand customer delivery and pickup orders that occur at Union Kitchen during the week
- Supervise Kitchen Production Assistant
- Assemble shipping orders
- Order and manage inventory of ingredients
- Ensure that pace of production meets company's financial goals
- Print labels for packaging as needed
- Manage employee time sheet and daily inventory sheet
- Assist with production of cookie dough
- Other kitchen operations products, as assigned
- Must hold a valid ServSafe license
- One year of supervisory experience, preferably in a culinary setting
- Two years of experience working in a commercial kitchen (restaurant or bakery)
- Full knowledge of basic kitchen methods, procedures, and terminology
- Ability to push, pull, lift or carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to ensure product is fresh and accurate through sight, smell and taste
- Flexible schedule and ability to take on additional hours as necessary
- Positive, patient and professional attitude when dealing with buyers, customers, and delivery drivers
- Strong work ethic and excel when working independently
- Attention to detail
- Great attitude and are excited about being part of a small and growing company
How to apply:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a brief cover letter telling us why you want to be part of The Cookie Jar team!