About the company:
The Cookie Jar DC is a local DC confectionery that makes ready-to-eat gourmet edible cookie dough—straight from the mixing bowl and safe to eat. Our mission is to make the dream come true of eating cookie dough right out of the jar (the way we prefer it, let’s be honest), one spoonful at a time. We deliver, ship nationwide, and cater events. We also sell our product at retail stores, farmers markets and pop up shops throughout the DC area. We produce out of Union Kitchen in Ivy City.
About the position:
The Cookie Jar DC is seeking a Production Assistant to join our fast growing company and help produce our delicious signature product: edible cookie dough. As a Production Assistant, you’ll get to make and package batches of all different flavors of cookie dough, from start to finish. This position offers a flexible work schedule, a lot of independence, and a fun work environment. We operate out of Union Kitchen, so you’ll have access to the city’s premier commercial kitchen and food incubator.
We’re looking for someone who can work 10-15 hours per week to start, but who is available to take on more hours as our production needs grow (which could be very quickly!).
- Prepping production space
- Making batches of cookie dough
- Packaging dough into jars
- Applying labels to jars
- Packaging jars into boxes for wholesale and retail
- Tracking batches and jars made
- Washing dishes and cleaning workspace
- Assembling orders
You’re a good fit for this position if you:
- Have a strong work ethic and are on time
- Pay attention to detail
- Excel when working independently
- Have formal or informal baking experience (If you’ve made cookies in your kitchen before, this counts!)
- Can guarantee the required hours each week
- Have reliable transportation (We operate out of Union Kitchen at 1369 New York Ave NE. Please make sure you can get there before applying.)
- Have a great attitude and are excited about being part of a small and growing company
- Hold a ServSafe Food Handler’s License is a plus, but not required